If you want to be successful in any area of life you have to be constantly learning. One of the easiest ways to do that, especially if you drive or use public transport often, is to listen to educational and motivational audio books. An hour commuting each day is an hour wasted if you’re not using it constructively. Use that hour each day to listen to a speech, a class or an audio book and that’s 7 hours of growth and learning each week.
One of the easiest ways I’ve found to get audio books is through Audible.com. They’re owned by Amazon so they have one of the largest selections to choose from and they’re releasing new titles everyday. They also make it super easy to keep track of all your audio books and you can access your audio book library from anywhere. Using different devices is a breeze too. I use mine on my desktop computer using itunes and I also listen to audio books on my iPad using the Audible app. They make it easy and intuitive to change between devices so you can choose to listen to books however you want, wherever you want, whenever you want. You can even start listening to a book on your computer and then later pick up where you left off on your iPad.
Audible is currently offering 2 free audio books of your choice to new members. If you don’t like the service they provide then keep the books, no questions asked. Check it out HERE now.
You don’t have to be on a plan to use them but I find that it’s worth it. I’m currently on the $14.95 per month Gold Digital plan which gives you one credit each month for any book of your choice. And if you want to buy more books in any particular month you get 30% off. I plan to move up to the Platinum Digital plan for a while though as one audio book a month just isn’t enough for me. It’s $22.95 per month for two books and all the same benefits of the Gold plan.
What am I listening to at the moment?
Well, I keep changing between new books that I’m listening to for the first time and old books that I’ve listened to previously. I don’t think I learn as well from listening as I do from reading a book or watching a video so if the audio book is good I’ll listen to it multiple times to get as much out of it as possible. So at the moment I have a rotation of about 5 different books that I’m listening to..
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – I read this book many years ago but it never really clicked for me. This time around it’s really sinking in and I’m loving it. There’s multiple readings of it on Audible. I’m listening to the version read by Varoon P. Anand. Definitely recommended.
- The Amazon Way by John Rossman – Looks at the corporate culture of one of the biggest internet retailers in the world. Inspirational stuff and well worth a listen.
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss – I would recommend this book but I did struggle with some parts. Overall, if you’re an internet entrepreneur you’ll get something out of this book, so yes, get a copy.
- Infinite Self by Stuart Wilde – This one’s less about business and more about life and spirituality. It might be a bit out there for most. I’m “out there” so I definitely recommend it.
- The Power by Rhonda Byrnes – Author of The Secret and big pusher of all things Law of Attraction. I plan to buy the Secret audio book as it has been years since I read it.
All up I have 107 audio books in my Audible library at the moment. The beauty of those 107 books is that they take up no space and I can take them with me anywhere I go. So I can take a relaxing stroll through the park with 107 books in my iPod. Imagine doing that 20 years ago! 😉
So yeah, if you haven’t joined up yet, do yourself a favor and go get 2 FREE audio books at Audible here now. And buy books that make you GROW. No trashy novels and negative stuff! Promise!?! Just grow, learn, grow, learn, smile 🙂