My third month of starting this journey and I must confess that I’m more than a little frustrated with my progress. I really had hoped to be much further down the path than I am now. I expected my income to be increasing at least a little bit each month, just like every other person who starts these monthly income reports but that’s not what I’m seeing yet.
I’m not discouraged though as I have made MASSIVE gains in my thinking and energy levels. Every day I’m learning more and I just feel great about life in general. Just continually hammering your mind with good programming rather than the usual junk that mainstream media or alternative media smash us with will completely change the way you think and feel.
If I was a psychologist and someone came to me depressed, the first questions I would ask would be: Do you have a tv? Do you listen to or watch the news? Do you follow politics? Do you buy trashy magazines (most of them are)? Do you read newspapers? Do you listen to the radio? And until they answered NO to every one of those questions I would tell them that they have zero hope of happiness. It’s really that simple. Media is designed to make you feel like crap. If you consume something designed to make you feel like crap and expect to feel good then you probably do need medication as you’re nuts! Enough ranting though, I’m already starting to feel bad talking about the media for a whole paragraph. See, that’s how bad it is! It’s toxic.
Back to the money though as that’s what this post is all about and it’s probably why you’re here. I have roughed out a plan to reach my riches online. I’ll talk about it more later but basically the plan is: Build a newsletter list as quickly as possible (do subscribe if you haven’t already!), use ClickFunnels, and promote affiliates that continue paying a commission for as long as the customer stays subscribed. So if you sign up to AWeber and stay subscribed for two years then I’ll receive a commission each month for that two years. I’m also looking into 2 tier affiliate programs where you sign people up to be affiliates and earn a small portion of their income.
With stock market investments I saw a large percentage increase as I’m starting out with so little. So I bought roughly $700 worth of CBA shares and that almost doubled my portfolio. Would be nice to double my investments in a month with a million dollar portfolio!
Anyway, here’s the numbers for the past month.
> = increase on last month
< = decrease from last month
<> = no change from last month
Income for August 2017
- Google Adsense: $894 <
- Clickbank: $0 <
- Miscellaneous:$136 >
Total Income for August is: $1,030 > (Last month was $1,303)
Expenses for August 2017
- Hosting: $60
- Domains: $47
- Education: $26
- Miscellaneous: $156
Total Expenses relating to my Internet business in August is: $289 (last month was $442)
Investment Goals for August 2017 ($1mill stocks & $1mill property)
- Stocks: $1,336 (CBA) > See my stock portfolio here
- Rental Property: Approx $500,000 (value) minus $293,461 (loan) = $206,539 >
Toy and Fun Goals
- Car Fund: $203 >
Health, Happiness & Knowledge Goals
This section is harder to measure, but I intend to mention what I have done well, where I can improve, and how I have progressed.
- Health: I now look forward to my daily walks. I do them everyday and feel much better for it. Often I’ll use the time to program myself with positive affirmations. I’m eating slightly better but could still improve a lot.
- Happiness: I’m painting most days and keeping away from the shitty media as much as possible, so I do smile a whole lot more 🙂
- Knowledge: I’ve been listening to the Think and Grow Rich audiobook each day (go back and reread it if you haven’t read it for a while). At least every night before bed I’ll listen to audio books. I also read books throughout the day. And I’ll watch youtube videos. I’m still probably learning TOO much each day and not taking enough action but that’ll start to change over the next few months.
- Where can I improve: Get more organised. Have a set amount of time each day to work on particular tasks. Eg, 1 hour working on newsletters, 1 hour working on ecommerce store, 1 hour producing content, etc. Otherwise I tend to wander off and do whatever catches my attention first. Also, cut all the expenses that are not necessary. I have hosting accounts from my old useless websites that can be consolidated. Also some domains could be sold or let expire as I just don’t use them and nor will I ever get around to putting anything on them.
Conclusion + Internet Profit
I won’t include income from investments as they’re basically paying down debt, so I don’t see any of it in my pocket. My total profit from the Internet in August is $741. It’s a disappointing number as that’s my third month of recording these income reports and I’m heading South in regards to profit. The idea of this income report thing was to be able to share my journey North, towards Internet riches. This was my third straight month of decreasing profits!
It’s all good though, everything is in the light and clear for me to see. The past few years has been about me keeping my head in the sand as I didn’t want to look at the numbers and conclude that I was a miserable failure. Now I can see what needs to change, it might just take a little longer than I expected.
I’m super confident with my new path though. With newsletters, funnels, advertising, and the right affiliate programs I believe I’ll find my Internet riches.
Positives for the month: Stocks UP, expenses DOWN, car fund UP, Mortgage DOWN, happiness UP 🙂
See my previous Monthly Income reports Here.