Wow, where did 2017 go to? One minute it was January and the next I was celebrating the new year! I hope you all had a great holiday period and you started this new year with a smile and some big motivational goals to achieve. I know many people now say they don’t set new years resolutions but that’s just because they’re tired of failing, when what they should be doing is saying, ok, this is the turn around year, this is where shit gets serious, this is where I achieve everything and more that I wish for 😉
It’s what I did. I’m setting goals every month anyway, so of course I’m going to use the whole “new year” thing for extra incentive.
I’ll keep it brief, but my core goals for 2018 are..
- Money (Investments): Have at least $65,000 worth of income producing investments by the end of 2018. It’ll include dividend paying stocks and any amount paid on my investment property loan. I owe about $300k on it and the property is worth $500k+. So if I can pay $20,000 to $30,000 off the loan and buy more than $30,000 worth of good dividend paying stocks I’ll be happy.
- Money (Income): To be earning more than $10,000 every month. Obviously I hope to earn much more this year but I’m setting goals that are big but achievable. I want to eventually earn more than $100k per month but I need to focus on the steps in front of me. I need to pull myself out of poverty before I can dance with the big boys.
- Health & Fitness: Increase my exercise regime. Walking everyday is good, it’s great, I’ll continue to do that, but I also need to change gears. I need to step it up. It could be weights, bushwalking, bike riding, buying a kayak, who knows, but it needs to be more than just walking around the park. I also plan to be more strict with my food intake: more high energy foods, less low energy foods.
- Travel: Get out there again. Live. Meet new people. Life is good 🙂
Pretty simple goals really. Obviously I’ll be working towards achieving much more but if I can tick these 4 beautiful boxes then I’ll be a happy man.
I also bought myself a diary that sits on my desk with a list of jobs to do, jobs that I have done, things that I have achieved, and notes from the day. It’s one page each day so I have more than enough space and I can clearly see how the day is going as it will remain open on my desk. I’ll also write my goals everyday and write random inspirational quotes when I feel the need to doodle. To have a great year you need plenty of good days so I’m going to make sure every day is used wisely! 🙂
So, that’s how my new year has started. Go set some goals yourself if you’re one of those people who say they never set new years resolutions.
> = increase on last month
< = decrease from last month
<> = no change from last month
Income for December 2017
- Google Adsense: $591 <
- Clickbank: $121 >
- Miscellaneous:$82 <
Total Income for December is: $794 < (Last month was $802)
Expenses for December 2017
- Hosting: $0
- Domains: $0
- Education: $21
- Miscellaneous: $195
Total Expenses relating to my Internet business in December is: $216 (last month was $441)
Investment Goals for December 2017 ($1mill stocks & $1mill property)
- Stocks: $1,423 (CBA) > See my stock portfolio here
- Rental Property: Approx $500,000 (conservative value) minus $289,090 (loan) = $210,910 >
Toy and Fun Goals
- Car Fund: $600 >
Health, Happiness & Knowledge Goals
This section is harder to measure, but I intend to mention what I have done well, where I can improve, and how I have progressed.
- Health: Walking everyday. Going much further than I used to. Ate too many chocolates and too much food in general over the holiday period. I also had one glass of red wine on new years eve. It was unusual for me as I rarely ever drink anymore.
- Happiness: Trying to keep out of trouble 🙂
- Knowledge: Still on the audiobook trip. I really haven’t been reading books like I used to. I listen to audiobooks, read articles online, and watch youtube videos. So I’m still learning, just absorbing information differently.
- Where can I improve: Make 2018 count.
Conclusion + Internet Profit
I won’t include income from investments as they’re basically paying down debt, so I don’t see any of it in my pocket. My total profit from the Internet in December is $578. Profit-wise I’m slightly up on last month but not by much.
Everything except for my income before expenses was UP this month. According to my fine looking whiteboard, profit from the Internet is up, my ecommerce business had it’s highest month ever, my stocks are up, family fund stocks are up, the mortgage on my investment property is down, and my credit card debt is down. Everything is moving in the right direction.
I have also ventured into the crazy world of Bitcoin and Crypto currency! See my post on how to buy Bitcoin in Australia if you’re a fellow Aussie. If not there’s plenty of trading platforms out there like CoinBase.com. Tread carefully though as cryptocurrencies are more gambling than investing.
As an example of how crazy they are just take a look at the increases of 3 major coins over the past 12 months according to Coinbase. Bitcoin increased by 1,170%, Litecoin increased by 5,180% and Ethereum increased by 9,253%.
So like I said, tread carefully. I bought $500 worth of Ethereum and they’re currently worth $512 but in one week it has already been an up and down rollercoaster ride. It’s nuts, but the plan is to make some mad cash and put it in dividend paying stocks.
Positives for the month: Car fund UP, Mortgage down, Stocks UP, Excuses down, Smiling more, Life is Good 🙂